1) A 0.441g sample of gas has a volume of 118mL at 61.4∘C and 755mmHg .What is the molar mass of this gas?
Express your answer with the appropriate units.
2) A 2.42-L container of H2(g) at 756mm Hg and 24∘C is connected to a 3.48-L container of He(g) at 718mm Hg and 24∘C. After mixing, what is the total gas pressure, in millimeters of mercury, with the temperature remaining at 24∘C?
3) A 1.67g sample of Al reacts with excess HCl, and the liberated H2 is collected over water at 25∘C at a barometric pressure of 744mmHg . What volume of gaseous mixture, in liters, is collected?
4) A sample of O2(g) is collected over water at 24 ∘C. The volume of gas is 1.17L . In a subsequent experiment, it is determined that the mass of O2 present is 1.46g . What must have been the barometric pressure at the time the gas was collected? (Vapor pressure of water = 22.4 torr.)
5) Calculate u_rms, in meters per second, for O2(g) mole cules at 30 ∘C.
6) If 0.00435mol N2O(g) effuses through an orifice in a certain period of time, how much NO2(g) would effuse in the same time under the same conditions?
7) What is the ratio of the diffusion rates for N2 and O2?
8) What is the ratio of the diffusion rates for H2O and D2O (D=deuterium, i.e., 21H )?
9) What is the ratio of the diffusion rates for 14CO2 and 12CO2?
10) What is the ratio of the diffusion rates for 235UF6 and 238UF6?
Use our Cheap Academic Essay service for guaranteed success!