Significant Connections for Families of an ID Child (Benchmark Assessment)
- a) Interview a teacher of students with Intellectual Disability. Specifically, focus your interview questions concerning the impact an individual with Intellectual Disability has on family structure. You may also want to center your questions on the collaborative skills necessary for teachers to possess when interacting with families who have a child with Intellectual Disability.
- b) Next, attend an IEP meeting and/or conference for a student with Intellectual Disability.
- i) During the meeting, note the interactions that take place, facilitation skills that are employed during the meeting, and the manner in which information is disseminated to parents.
- ii) According to what you have learned in this course, are these interactions, skills, etc. appropriate in terms of effective interactions with parents of children with Intellectual Disability?
iii) Write a 1,000-1,250 word essay that chronicles your observations and reactions, using your
text and notes from lectures, and your recommendations to foster better collaboration with regard to what you observed in the meeting.
- c) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Get a Custom & Original Paper Today.
Use our Cheap Academic Essay service for guaranteed success!