- Research the SAN JOSE MINE, Copiapo, Chile – 2010 – Chilean Mining Incident through both US news media and any foreign media sources.
- Compare and contrast the different viewpoints presented by foreign and domestic media coverage from the mining disaster’s beginning through the eventual freedom of all miners.
- Chronicle the following points:
- what is believed to be the cause of this disaster;
- how it was dealt with;
- how the Chilean people feel about it;
- what was the reaction by the mining company;
- what was the reaction of the government;
- what do the miners feel about their being trapped and eventually rescued.
- What ,if anything, is currently under discussion [local/national/international media, government, public opinion, etc.] regarding this incident?
4. Provide a personal reflection upon this incident including:
- How you feel it was handled through its entirety;
- What you feel the mining company could have done to prevent such an incident, as well as how they may have handled/mishandled the rescue;
- How you feel the government handled/mishandled the incident;
- What the outcome of this incident states about the labor issues in Chile
6. You are to follow MLA standards requiring documentation of any sources used
Length: Minimal acceptable length shall be two and half pages; Double spaced; 12 font; 1″ margins
Use our Cheap Academic Essay service for guaranteed success!