he Medical Marijuana topic in procon.org (Links to an external site.)will have a core question, background information on the topic, and arguments for (the pros) and against (the cons) the core question. This information can be found in the tan box at the top of the topic page. The goal is for students to review important points relevant to both sides of the issue and share your opinion. In addition, students will reflect on each other’s posts.
Technical Requirements for Discussions:
- Timing of first post: You must submit your first post by the 1st post deadline (see course schedule).
- Number of posts (threads):
- Post length:
- Your new post must consist of at least 300 words.
Content Requirements for Discussions: New Post:
- Integration of information from both the Pro section and the Con section in at least 300 words:
- Select one to two main points from the Pro section and paraphrase (summarize) each point in your own words (do not use direct quotes).
- Analyze each main point – Explain why you chose this as a main point. You may (but are not required to) answer one or more of the questions below in your analysis of each point. These questions are just a starting point to get you thinking.
- Does it summarize an important argument for/against the topic?
- Is it a good example?
- Does it resonate with you personally (such as remind you of something you’ve personally seen or experienced)?
- Does it conflict with your personal experience?
- Repeat the process above for the Con section to ensure that you have equally integrated information from both the Pro section and the Con section in your discussion.
- Your opinion: After analyzing points from both the Pro and Con section, discuss your opinion on the topic and why you feel this way. There is no word count requirement for this section but the discussion should be substantive. This should be in a separate paragraph within your new post.
Use our Cheap Academic Essay service for guaranteed success!