Research and analyze the effects of the following government policies on the market equilibrium:
- Increases in the Minimum Wage
- Restrictions on International Trade
- Pollution Controls
- Natural Monopolies and Anti-Trust Regulation
When analyzing these policies, include some discussion of the following points when appropriate:
- What is the purpose of the policy?
Provide the rationale for the government policy. In this section, discuss how asymmetric information creates a need for the policy.
- Note 1: The necessity of the policy should be related to the purpose.
- Note 2: A discussion of asymmetric information should include defining how the information is unequal between consumers and producers as well as any adverse selection or moral hazard issues involved.
- The welfare of consumers, producers, and society (the winners and losers) before and after the policy.
- How does this policy affect the fairness of the distribution of costs and benefits?
Does government intervention improve the situation?
- Note: Discuss whether government intervention affected the asymmetric information problem, adverse selection, or moral hazard previously discussed.
Attach a Word document of 750 minimum words with an introduction and a conclusion.
Format: Double line space, Times New Roman, 12-point font Formal references in APA format must be provided. This submission must be paraphrased in your own words. Adhere to the academic honesty policy. No more than 10% of your document can be quoted. Avoid answering any of the questions with a quote. Quotes should support your discussion instead of answering questions for you
Use our Cheap Academic Essay service for guaranteed success!