A business may have several solutions to a problem; however costs can be a key factor when determining which solution is best. The actual costs factored are more than just evaluating the upfront costs. There are costs for the solution and for the implementation of the solution. The costs of implementation, costs of training, maintenance, upgrades, support and any other applicable costs should be included in the overall solution to arrive at a much closer estimate for the overall solution.
This assignment estimates the costs associated with the primary and alternative solutions for the management information systems evaluated. Write a paper that includes the following:
- Provide a high level overview of the two (2) management information systems evaluated. One will be the primary solution, the other will be the alternative solution.
- What is the detailed breakdown for the total costs associated with the two (2) management information systems evaluated? Make sure to include any upfront, monthly, maintenance, support, training and any other applicable costs. Other costs may include taxes, shipping costs, insurance, etc. You need not consider any applicable government incentives for capital acquisitions or improved energy usage.
- What are the tradeoffs in terms of cost and benefit of the two (2) manage information systems evaluated? For example, do the proposed solutions have options to be an on-site only solution or could the solution be hosted in a data center or be accessed via a cloud solution?
- If there are multiple ways the solutions can be hosted and or accessed, how does this impact potential security concerns of the proposed solution? How does the estimated cost structure change?
- How do the solutions align with legal and ethical considerations?
- Why are the solutions you have evaluated the best for the organization in terms of aligning with cost, benefit, legal, ethical and security concerns?
Support your paper with at least three (3) resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included. Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Length: 5-7 pages (not including title and reference pages) with approximately 350 words each.
Use our Cheap Academic Essay service for guaranteed success!