Writing Assignment #3: Argument of Evaluation
- You must write a brief argument of evaluation on the topic within the field of education. You may choose to evaluate any aspect of the American education system. The finished final draft must be a minimum of four full pages in length. This means that your essay should end on page five or later (the Works Cited page does not count).
- At a minimum, your argument must demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Be an argument and contain a thesis that clearly evaluates a subject within American education
- Establish specific evaluation criteria by which the subject is judged and ensure that the criteria support the thesis
- Provide sufficient evidence to prove that the subject does or does not meet the evaluation criteria and ensure all evidence is linked to one or more of the evaluation criteria
- Other requirements:
- Your essay must contain a minimum of three secondary sources used to prove/disprove that an evaluation criterion is met
- It must be properly formatted and documented in MLA form, including correct internal citations and a Works Cited page
- The first draft must be printed and brought to class on Tuesday, Nov 3, 2015.
- Your essay must be written using standard English grammar and mechanics
- This is a formal argument and may not be written from first person perspective
- If you have specific questions about the assignment, you may pose them in class or send me an email, or you may come by the office. I will be glad to provide feedback on ideas, theses, or anything else to try to help you in the writing process.
Get a Custom & Original Paper Today.
Use our Cheap Academic Essay service for guaranteed success!